When looking for the best sewing machine in India you should know, what is the most important thing to you when you sew. It’s a very crucial question that can save your hard-earned money.
Today, Sewing Machines has become advanced and they come with lots of different add-ons, capabilities, and accessories. Some things may not be necessary for you but they just add extra cost. Here are some features that you need to look before buying a sewing machine. And we’re sure these will help you find the best sewing machine in India for home and other uses,
- Frame: For the long life of the machine, you want to look for a metal frame alternative. Frames made from plastic are very common yet can weaken quickly and also be harder to repair.
- Number of Stitches: For someone who is just learning to sew, they will just require 2 stitches: Straight and zig-zag, on the other hand more experienced sewers need to find a wider variety.
- Extra Features: These features are unnecessary for sewing but once you use them, you can not imagine sewing without them. Some of them are thread cutter, blind stitching, automatic needle threader, lights, and buttonhole capabilities.
Best Sewing Machine in India 2020 to Buy
1. Usha Janome Dream Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
- Automatic zig-zag sewing machine with compact free arm
- 7 built-in stitches including a 4-step buttonholing
- Seven applications including lace fixing, quilting, smocking, and rolled hemming
- Auto tripping bobbin system
- sewing light, drop feed for embroidery, manual needle threading
- Stitches per minute: 550
- 2 years manufacturer’s warranty
Usha manufactures one of the best sewing machines in India. Sewing Machines from Usha company are a technologically advanced option for those that require their imagination replicated in multiple numbers — with accuracy and also speed. With the ability to deal with many fabrics ranging from light to heavy, these sewing machines are a top choice for those wanting to do more in less time.
The Dream Stitch sewing machine from Usha has four-step buttonholing, so you can quickly stitch buttons on shirts, dresses, and on coats too. There is additionally a dial option for you to pick your preferred pattern. Auto tripping bobbin makes certain that the string is correctly wound around the bobbin when you sew. The light-weight Usha Janome stitching machine includes a handle so you can easily carry it from one area to another.
The size of this sewing machine is small that quickly fits in your cupboard or wardrobe. This compact embroidery device has 7 built-in stitches and 14 applications that allow you to check out various functionalities while stitching.
It is outfitted with a sewing light, guaranteeing you get good exposure while embroidery in poorly lit spaces. In addition, the thread stress control ensures the thread does not break while sewing. Usha Janome Dream Stitch sewing machine is a free-arm version that incorporates zig-zag sewing as well. You can use this light-weight sewing machine for mending and stitching garments of various materials in a snap.
2. Usha Janome Allure Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
- Automatic zig-zag sewing machine with free arm for ease of circular stitching
- Two dials for pattern and stitch length selection
- 13 built-in stitches including button-hole stitch
- 21 applications including stretch stitching, button fixing, rolled hemming, satin stitch, zip fixing, and smocking. Auto tripping bobbin system; 4-step buttonhole sewing; sewing light
- Sewing Speed: 860 SPM (Stitches Per Minute)
- 2 years warranty on the product
Sick of going to the tailors every time you have to fix something in your clothes? If yes, then get the Usha Janome Allure Automatic Zig-Zag Sewing Machine. Whether you wish to fix buttons and zippers or alter a lately gained outfit, this sewing device will make the task simple for you.
This Usha sewing machine includes two dials that you can use to pick among the 13 integrated stitch functions. This automated zig-zag sewing maker from Usha also permits you to pick the stitch size and with the free arm of this machine, you can stitch in round motion quite easily.
It has a carrying handle that makes it easy to carry, also the weight of the sewing machine is not that much.
Further, it comes with 21 applications that include stretch stitching, rolled hemming, satin stitch, zip repairing, and also smocking among others and is ideal if you’re aiming to improve your stitching abilities.
Triple Strength Stitch: It makes use of a two-step forward, one step back pattern. You can also use them for sewing seams in tough places like the armsyce. The triple straight stitch is additionally terrific when made use of for leading stitching. It is also called back stich or triple stretch stitch since it is used to sew very strong seams in stretchy cloths.
Color Coded functional display: It is useful for easy readability.
Inbuilt light: With the help of inbuilt light you can sew in darker places.
3. Brother GS 3700 Sewing Machine
- 71 Stitch Functions with 37 stitches
- LED Light
- 1 Step buttonhole & Picot foot
- Stitch length & wide controller
- Sewing Speed 1100 spm
- Automatic needle threader
- Dial Selection, Horizontal Bobbin Type, F.A.S.T Bobbin Winding System
The GS series of sewing machines from Brother have features made to make stitching quick, very easy, however most of all fun.
It comes with a traditional metal chassis device, with automatic needle threader and fast set bobbin, a fantastic little all rounder.
The GS 3700 sewing machine features a variety of stitches suitable for repair work, dressmaking, and house furnishing projects. Includes features designed to make sewing fast and also simple such as an automatic needle threader and also quick set bobbin system. While the LED light is intense and mild on the eye and will last the lifetime of the device.
4. Singer 1304 Start Sewing Machine with 6 Built-In Stitches, Free Arm Sewing Machine
- 6 Built-in Stitches
- Free Arm Sewing Machine – Best Sewing Machine for Beginners
- Three Presser Feet Included
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame
- Built-in 4-Step Buttonhole
- Quick & Easy Threading
- Automatic bobbin winding system
- Speed: 750 stitches per minute
This 1304 Start sewing machine from Singer has 6 basic stitches from where to choose, selected by the straightforward turn of a dial. Since the stitch size and also stitch width are predetermined, there’s no uncertainty, making this a terrific sewing machine for a hobbyist or perhaps a beginner. It is the best sewing machine in India for beginners.
The Four-Step Buttonhole feature in this sewing machine allows you to add buttonholes in four simple steps on things like cushions, kids’ clothes, fashions, and even more.
You can also Glide off the Removable Extension Table to reveal the Free Arm for hemming pants and sleeves or for stitching other minor jobs. This machine is light-weight and portable, making it easy to lug or carry anywhere.
Quick & Easy Threading: You can set it up in no time as threading diagrams are printed on the sewing machine that will help you.
Built-in 4-Step Buttonhole: The sewing machine comes with Built in 4 step Buttonhole feature, with the use of that you can make beautiful buttons in just 4 easy steps.
Easy Stitch Selection: It makes it simple to change stitches in one easy step by the help of an easily accessible stitch dial.
Heavy Duty Metal Frame: The internal skeletal system of the Singer 1304 sewing machine comprises a Heavy Duty Metal Frame that holds all the mechanisms in ideal alignment for skip-free embroidery and also general resilience. Making it a sewing machine that will last for several years of prolonged use.
Three Presser Feet Included: It comes with three different presser feet.
- All-Purpose Foot – It is for most of your sewing projects.
- Buttonhole Foot – For adding buttonholes, slots for ribbon, etc.
- Zipper Foot – For adding zippers, piping, cording, etc.
5. Bernette Sew & Go 8-197 Stitch Designs Computerised Sewing Machine
- young, fresh design
- 2-step presser foot lift
- Semi-automatic threader
- Pull-out stitch overview
- Direct stitch selection and stitch adjustments
- Slide speed control
This sewing machine from Bernette is costliest that we have picked in this list of best sewing machine in India.
We’ve picked this because it offers features that no other sewing machine offers. For someone who has a very high budget can go for this sewing machine.
The computer-controlled Bernette sew & go 8 is the top version in this collection. It offers everything that an imaginative sewer might need, at an appealing price/performance ratio.
The sew & go 8 flaunts 197 stitch patterns including 1 alphabet, 7 buttonholes, and 1 eyelet stitch. Decorative stitches can be set to a width of 7 mm, as wanted.
It has a very extraordinary memory feature that allows stitch combinations to be saved for future use.
Along with these features, it has slide speed control, start/stop feature and also needle stop up/down, the bernette sew & go 8 likewise has a brilliant stitching light. Seven presser feet (soles) come as basic with this version.